- 8 to 12 apples (peeled and cored)
- Peel and core the apples.
- Chop the apples into small 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place the apples in a large pot.
- Cook on medium-low for 10 min, stirring occasionally. Place the lid on the pot to build up extra moisture.
- Once you’ve developed a nice amount liquid turn the heat up to medium-high and build up some nice initial heat for about 10 more min.
- Turn the heat back down to medium-low
- Cook until you have reached your desired color and consistency.
Applesauce should keep fine for two to four weeks. Feel free to add some lemon juice if you want a lighter looking sauce.